Volunteers are central to 4-H programming. From clubs to fairs, to special events, there is a place for you to serve the youth in your community!
Opportunities to Serve
4-H is always looking for enthusiastic parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbors, etc. who enjoy working with youth. 4-H offers a variety of opportunities for adults and youth to volunteer.
- Organizing 4-H clubs
- Leading 4-H project groups
- Leading 4-H advisory groups
- Being a 4-H council member
- Chairing a committee such as shooting sports or horsemanship
- Helping at a camp, fair, judging or state event
- Teaching 4-H school enrichment programs
- Assisting with fundraising activities
- or in many other ways........
Opportunities abound for county level councils, committees and events.
- 4-H Council/Committees - Advisory group related to all county programming. Most counties have an organized group that meets on a regular basis to discuss the county's 4-H program, review 4-H activities and plan 4-H programs and events.
- County Fair - The fair is the time of the year that members get to display what they have made in their projects throughout the year. Planning committees, volunteer organizers, contest coordinators, workshop presenters, etc. are some volunteer opportunities.
- County Contests - Many counties sponsors contests such as the public speaking and demonstration contests and the fashion revue for 4-Hers who exhibit clothing items.
- Social Activities - Counties may hold extra social activities such as picnics, Clover Kid day camps, lock-ins, etc. where members can meet others throughout the county.
To help locally, check with your county MU Extension office.
Many regional areas offer 4-H camp that give 4-Hers a chance to live in cabins to gain new experiences. There are a variety of different camps such as 4-H camp, teen camp and aerospace camp. All these events welcome the help of volunteers!
To help regionally, check with your county MU Extension office.
The New Jersey State 4-H offers a wide variety of events for 4-Hers throughout the year. One of the largest events is the New Jersey State Fair where 4-Hers display their projects and/or animals, participate in demonstrations and much more.
for a complete listing. Contact the state 4-H staff to volunteer
for any of these events.